Monday, February 22, 2010

It's a crappy day out

So my parent's have decided to visit this weekend. It's my mother's birthday and I guess she's been nagging to come down. I say it's about time, since she was so excited about us moving so close and not being here yet. Anyways, I'm trying to get my house all cleaned up and everything taken care of. With my work schedule it's not easy. Patrick is being a great help. He's taking care of the things I ask him to.

I can't wait for Patrick to go back to second shift so we have about the same schedule. I'm sure then, though, I'll start working earlier shifts. He starts seconds next week and has to work the weekend. I guess I can't complain because then we will have maybe a day together.

I finished the curtains I was making for the spare bedroom. They are adorable in there. I love them! I just need to do something for the windows in the dog's room. I kinda wish I had more time for my crafts. They always calm me down and I can think about things and I get to be in my own little world while I'm doing it. I really need to make a new wreath for Easter this year. My old one is all messed up due to the move.

I've been trying new recipies, which if you know me is a big deal. I've had some success with a few things. I've also had a few fails, but not because it didn't turn out but because it just wasn't something Patrick and I like to eat. I'm going to make him clam chowder this week sometime. I'm also making pulled pork for dinner soon too. I baked cookies and made chocolate covered strawberries right around Valentines day. I took some over to my neighbor so she could have some treats and some company on Valentines day.

I've been trying to get out to get my passport for the cruise, but there's always something I'm doing and I forget to go. I think Patrick and I may go next week together since he has off during the day. That way we can get that stuff out of the way. I'm super excited about going on this cruise. We both need a vacation. We do need to make arrangements for my animals though. We were thinking about a kennel, or just asking the neighbor. We aren't sure yet. It's a whole week so we dont' want to bother anyone.

My raise at work has kicked in and my checks look much better now. I love having a nice chunk of money in savings. I like that we have money to lend if a family member is in trouble or if we need something it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment