Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lets update this thing




Most people who read this already know about my accident, and have seen the pictures. Those who haven't, this was my car. We were hit by a tractor trailer and pushed into a previous minor accident on the side of the road where I struck a police officer and his cruiser and pinned a woman's leg. Everyone is fine, thank God!! I am so happy and blessed to be alive. This is kind of where everything started going crazy on me. School was going well, and life was moving right along progressivly. The morning of my accident I was on the phone to Walter Reed trying to get an appointment and getting frustrated with them for not charting correctly and being rude. I remember thinking something quite aweful and then I left for class. After class Patrick and I went to Potomac Mills (an outlet mall) and got some stuff and then lunch and headed home. Driving north on 95, I remember being behind the wheel and having a nice conversation with Patrick. Traffic began to slow and I instantly got annoyed because it was obvious they were all slowing to almost 35MPH to stare at this accident thats off on the shoulder. I pointed and said something to Pat about them just being nosey and the next thing I knew my air bags were in my face and my car is flying out of control and spinning and hitting things along the way. The feeling when the car stopped was this big sigh of relief and this huge panic. I remember thinking, 'what happened, what did I do, is Patrick ok, oh my God, my car.' Everything is over, and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. My school work suffered because of the stress of only one car between us, my inability to catch up after the week off, the stress of the money situation because of the accident. We were charged initially because we were lied to about insurance, and now we receive bills that have to be taken care of by the guilty party. We weren't paid full worth of our vehicle as promised by the insurance company, and now we are stuck with one car. Granted, it was a 2002 dodge neon with 82,000 miles, but it was worth 4700 not 4000. We can't find a car of equal value in it for that amount of cash. At least, not around here. I still have problems driving on the highways around here. I feel myself having a panic attack everytime I'm cut off, or someone flies up beside me and just cuts over all 5 lanes of heavy traffic. If you have ever driven in the DC area, you would know this is a common thing. Patrick has been amazing about everything. He even gets up in the morning and drives me to campus when he can, so that I don't have to worry about it. I have never felt so lucky to have such a great husband.
Patrick is getting crap at work, but it comes with the job I guess. Just some E-5 on a power trip thinking he deserves things that are way out of his jurisdiction. Patrick is dealing quite well with this. I'm suprised to see him so "calm" about this. I mean, he is all pissed off, but he isn't all about getting back at this guy or going above his head, (which he should be, but thats another story) he's just dealing with it. On a positive note, he's in his Class A's every morning for 2 weeks. Patrick's cell phone just took a crap. It was a touch screen and randomly stopped working. He can't do anything with the screen, it doesn't recognize it. AT&T informed him the only options is get out of his contract now for $175, renew his contract for a new phone, or stick out the rest of the contract with this phone he can't do anything with. We are either renewing or going to another company. I personally think that if he didn't break the phone, they should just give him an equal equivelant until his contract is up. It's just some cheap phone, not a smart phone.
We got a new puppy! His name is Patton and he's an adorable black lab mix. He's the cutest thing ever. He's doing good with potty training, but the chewing is getting problematic. Him and Cuda get along well. She is better around other dogs now. My parents put down my childhood kitty. He had intestinal cancer and they decided to put him down to relieve his pain.
Other than this stuff, life is moving. Still taking lots of meds, and I'm switching my college major. I'm taking classes in order to get the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment