Thursday, March 18, 2010

More appointments

My doctor has finally called. I have the PCOS diagnosis and a diagnosis of hypothyroidism. I was put on two new medications, metformin and levothyroxin. The metformin is normal to treat diabetes, but I'm using it to promote ovulation. The other is pretty obvious.

Since starting the metformin I've felt so sick to my stomach I feel like I'm going to vomit my stomach up. Thats only the half of it. It's also making my tired and exhaused. I've missed work 1 1/2 days so far the past two weeks. I try not to, but being the only one in charge of the store at night time, I can't just leave to vomit.

The thyroxin makes my moods go all over the place. My poor husband is probably so frustrated with me right now because I can't decide what kind of mood I'm in from one minute to the next. He's been very patient, which isn't like him. It's a nice difference.

Ontop of everything going on lately, I developed a UTI. Which is just peachy. I got medication on Saturday and started feeling a little better. The day before my last pill, the symptoms were back full force. I tried getting appointments, but I couldn't get in because of the unavailability and it not working with my work schedule. Finally, after three days of trying I seen a doctor today. She told me that she's giving a seven day treatment to me this time instead of the three day I had before. If this doesn't work I have to go back and go through more testing. I've apparently had three UTI's in the past six months. I'm just hoping this all works out, and it's all worth it. I'm so tired of being sick at this point.

Patrick is finally going back to night shift, so we can actually see eachother now. It'll be a nice change. He's been on days since January and I always work nights. My luck, I will start working during the day. Time will only tell though.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it all regulates out soon hon! I'm glad Patrick is handling your moods well! That's great! And awesome that you two will now be on the same schedule again! w00t!

    ReplyDelete